Monday 9 February 2015

Lighting words (part 2)

Finally!
A project of lighting words is almost done!
[ it needs the final decoration details :)]

Let me show you, how it looks:



 The photo above show my illuminating words. The way I did it - you do not remember please read the post lighting words part 1 - was by locating four LEDs inside the box (photo below)

With conductive ink all the the negative lead (-), or cathode, are connected.

The positive lead (+) or anode, is stitched with conductive thread separately, as each one connects with a pint of my lilipad.

NOTE: one of the reasons it took me long to advance, is because once I let the LED fixed in the box, they were not working. It was strange. Until I test one by one, and I noticed the conductive ink had broken segments, so careful about this. 


Next, I had been thinking how to avoid keep my lilipad dedicated to this project, and allow me to move it freely between project. I confess I do not have the budget for buying several lilypads.

The solution, to use snap buttons. Unfortunately at the moment I did not have high quality ones, so I use the ones I had, behind the box and add some conductive ink to assure that the energy will go through my button.

On a white cloth I sew, with conductive thread, the lilipad, and as it was tested. 

 Then I cut the extension of each one of the pins, so I can clip them to the box.


and IT WORKS!!!!




Need to finish to decorate the box, and polish my lilipad sewing as I did it as in testing mode, but I am so glad it woks!!!!

In a next post I will publish the code utilized for this.

====
F4E by CAIS

No comments:

Post a Comment